Two treated for smoke inhalation after Leith fire

Two treated after Leith fire.Picture : Comp
Two treated after Leith fire.Picture : Comp
0
Have your say

A man and a woman were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire in a ground floor flat in Edinburgh early today.

Firefighters were called to Salamandar Court in Leith just after midnight.

On arrival officers were met with a kitchen fire in the ground floor of a seven-storey building.

Four appliances were sent from McDonald Road and Marrionville stations to deal with the incident.

Firefighters used breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet to extinguish the blaze.

A man and a woman were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene by paramedics, but did not require hospital treatment.