Warning after cigarette blamed for blaze

0
Have your say

FIRE chiefs have warned of the dangers of discarded cigarettes after a blaze in Portobello.

A pregnant woman, a 16-year-old boy and a three-year-old girl all required oxygen at a property on Mount Lodge Place at around 1am on Sunday morning.

A spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service said: “It is important to be vigilant, especially if you smoke. It seems a discarded cigarette, not properly extinguished, may have been the cause of this fire. Take a few minutes to think about fire safety, make sure you have smoke detection in your home and be alert to the dangers from fire.”