Woman hurt in flat blaze

0
Have your say

A WOMAN suffered burns in a blaze at a flat in Canonmills.

The 19-year-old sustained burns to her hands when a fire broke out in a cupboard of the second-floor flat in Rodney Street at around 7.10pm.

Firefighters used a hydraulic lift to douse the flames from the street while crew members also entered the property with breathing kits.

John W Wallace, 62, an actor and local resident who saw the drama unfold, said: “I noticed a girl in a leather jacket in some distress in the fire engine as she was getting her hand bandaged.”