Woman hurt in house fire

0
Have your say

A 62-YEAR-OLD woman received burns to her stomach following a house fire believed to have been started by a cigarette.

The woman had to be rescued by firefighters from the property on Stenhouse Gardens North.

Lothian and Borders Fire Brigade received the call just before 10pm yesterday. It is understood a neighbour heard the woman’s smoke alarm and phoned 999.

She was taken to the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary by ambulance after firefighters led her to safety.