Woman in hospital after kitchen fire

Fire crews extinguished the fire. Picture: Tony Marsh
Fire crews extinguished the fire. Picture: Tony Marsh
0
Have your say

A WOMAN has been rushed to hospital after a chip pan fire engulfed the kitchen of her home in Dalkeith.

Emergency services attended the property on Allan Terrace at around 7.20 last night before bringing the flames under control.

It is understood the fire was contained in the home’s kitchen and that no one else was injured in the blaze.

Firefighters from Musselburgh were called out to help their Dallkeith colleagues battle the flames.

Crews had to use breathing equipment and a high pressure hose reel as they dampened and eventually extinguished the fire. The female casualty was treated for smoke inhalation and given oxygen at the scene, before being taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary by ambulance.

A fire service spokeswoman said: “Crews from Musselburgh and Dalkeith were called out at 7.18pm to deal with a chip pan fire at a property on Allan Terrace in Dalkeith.

“The fire was in the kitchen and the damage was contained to the kitchen.

“A female casualty was given oxygen before being taken to the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary for further treatment.”