Woman rescued from blaze at Slateford flats

Crews are in attendance at Moat Drive. Picture: Tony Marsh
Crews are in attendance at Moat Drive. Picture: Tony Marsh
0
Have your say

A woman was rescued from a first-floor window today following a blaze in a high-rise block of flats in Slateford.

She was treated for smoke inhalation by fire crews and suffered “slight burns” to her hands but declined hospital treatment.

A spokeswoman from the fire service said they had rescued her using a short extension ladder after a blaze started in the stairwell of Hutchison House on Moat Drive.

Firefighters in breathing masks from Tollcross, McDonald Road and Sighthill tackled the blaze using a high-pressure hose reel after they were called out shortly after 12pm today.