Woman rescued from fire

0
Have your say

A WOMAN was rescued from a flat by firefighters and taken to hospital after a fire broke out in the living room.

The fire in the first-floor flat on Dalry’s Duff Street took place at around 8am yesterday.

Firefighters carried the woman, who is thought to have been unconscious, to safety. She was taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary by ambulance, suffering from smoke inhalation.

A spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service said: “The female in the flat was rescued by us and given oxygen at the scene. She was taken to the Royal Infirmary by ambulance with smoke inhalation.”

The woman, who is around 41 years old, was in the living room of the flat when the fire broke out.

Two fire appliances from Tollcross and Sighthill attended the scene.