Woman treated for shock after fire at beauty salon

0
Have your say

A WOMAN has been treated for shock after a small fire was started by a candle at a beauty salon in south Edinburgh.

Fire crews were called to the incident at the Moi salon in Comiston Road after the blaze broke out at around 1pm.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose to extinguish the fire in the main salon area.

A fire service spokeswoman said that it appeared the fire had been sparked when acetone vapour, thought to be from a beauty product, came into contact with a candle.

The ambulance service said a 46-year-old woman was treated for shock at the scene by paramedics.