A TEENAGER had to be rescued after a late-night “lark” saw him trapped behind a metal fascia on Dalry Road.
Fire crews were called the incident at a car park near Hay Sushi at 3.15am on Saturday to find a 19-year-old man trapped and suffering a knee injury. Firefighters from Tollcross used hydraulic cutting gear to free the teenager. A spokesperson for Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue team said: “It seems like a lark that went wrong.”
An hour earlier, crews tackled a fire at Saughton Mains sparked by a pan of food left unattended. A female occupant and a neighbour were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation. Smoke damage affected the kitchen and bottom floor of the property.
Meanwhile, a blaze ripped through a bedroom at Cakemuir Gardens in Niddrie at 1.23am on Saturday after candles were left unattended. An 18-year-old man and a 20-year-old woman received oxygen at the scene.