RANGERS have written to fans who were arrested at the Scottish Cup Final telling them they are banned from attending games.
The move comes days after Hibs, whose fans stormed the pitch following their 3-2 win, said fans who were on the field were having memberships put on hold.
Chaos erupted at Hampden following the full time whistle of May’s showpiece game and Hibs fans, celebrating their first cup success since 1902, leaped over barriers and came on to the pitch.
However, some continued beyond the half-way line and appeared to goad Rangers fans who also came on to the field resulting in ugly scenes including mounted police forming a line to seperate supporters.
Police have since made 38 arrests and some fans have already admitted their part in the disorder.
They are also still appealing for help in identifying suspects.
But now, Rangers have sent out letters to supporters who were arrested at the final telling fans they brought the club into disrepute and that they will be banned from attending matches at Ibrox or at any other stadium.
They also say season tickets will be forfeited and no compensation will be offered.
The letter, written by the club’s head of safety and security David Martin, said: “It has been brought to my attention that you were arrested in the above match.
“As you will be aware the purchase of a match ticket is deemed to constitute unqualified acceptance of all the ground rules and regulations.
“Your arrest is a breach of those regulations and has brought the reputation of the Club into disrepute.
“Rangers FC is abundantly clear it will not tolerate any form of unacceptable behaviour.
“I write to inform you that with immediate effect you are banned from attending all matches involving Rangers FC, home and away, for an indefinite period.
“In addition we are checking out database to see if you have a current season ticket and should this be the case, we would inform you that your alleged criminal conduct will result in your season ticket being forfeited without compensation.”
Meanwhile, the security team at Hibs have written to fans demanding face to face meetings over the chaotic scenes.
In a letter, they say: “The purpose of this letter is to advise you that I am in possession of information which infers that you were on the pitch at Hampden Park at the end of the match.
“The club understands that supporters were overjoyed to win the Scottish Cup, however we also recognise that anyone leaving their seat and going on to the pitch is a serious matter, amounts to unacceptable conduct and places those on the pitch and others at risk.
“The purpose of this letter is to request that you make contact with me to arrange an appointment to discuss any involvement you may have had in the events that took place at full-time on May 21, 2016. In the meantime your membership has been placed ‘on hold’.”
About 40 fans needed medical treatment following the incident, including one man who suffered a punctured lung.
Earlier this month four Hibs fans admitted their part in the invasion. David Jack, 19, who also pushed Rangers player Andy Halliday, pled guilty to running on the pitch as well as Bryan McCabe, 45, Steven Gordon, 28 and Alexander Lanni, 22.
Last month Greg Binnie, 19, pled guilty to confronting and making offensive gestures at Rangers’ goalkeeper Wes Foderingham at the final.