Here’s what’s making the sports pages across Scotland this morning ...
• Hibs manager Alan Stubbs says signing free-agent James McFadden is “a possibility” due to their Everton connections (Sun).
• Everton defender Shane Duffy is also on Stubbs’ radar, with Hibs looking to bring in the Republic of Ireland international on loan (Herald).
• Stubbs also said he was delighted by a “great draw” in the Petrofac Training Cup as the Hibees were paired with Rangers in the first round of the competition (Scotsman).
• Hearts chairwoman Ann Budge has hailed the club’s fans for their “exceptional” support after she revealed the Jambos have sold more than 8000 season tickets for this season (Daily Express).
• Former Hearts managing director David Southern has taken up the role of general manager at Dundee United (Scotsman).
• Sporting Lisbon have inserted a £48million release clause into Ryan Gauld’s contract after the teenage sensation completed his move to the Portuguese club from Dundee United (various).
• And the Arabs’ chairman has warned West Ham that they will need to significantly improve their offer for left-back Andrew Robertson after the Hammers’ £1.5m bid was rejected (Sun).
• Roy Keane says he has made the right choice in snubbing the Celtic job and instead signing up as Paul Lambert’s assistant coach at Aston Villa (various).
• Aberdeen midfielder Ryan Jack wants to re-create the Dons’ European adventures of Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid - starting tonight against Latvian side Daugava Riga in the Europa League (Daily Record).
• Celtic winger James Forrest is likely to miss the Premiership champions’ Champions League clash with KR Reykjavik next week due to a persistent thigh problem (Daily Mail).
• St Mirren have agreed a new deal with key midfielder Kenny McLean. The 22-year-old has signed a contract keeping him in Paisley until 2016 (various).
• Liverpool and Barcelona are to hold further talks over the transfer of Luis Suarez to the Spanish side. The controversial Uruguayan is believed to have a buy-out clause in the region of £80m (various).
• Andy Murray says he will need to make improvements to his game because of the emergence of more and more top-quality players in tennis (various).
Don’t forget to pick up a copy of today’s Edinburgh Evening News or log on to www.edinburghnews.com for exclusive interviews with Hearts’ James Keatings and Hibs’ Callum Booth.