Here’s what’s making the back pages of this morning’s newspapers in Scotland ...
• New St Mirren signing Ross Caldwell has revealed that Hibs took a one-year contract deal off the table following relegation to the Championship. “Hibs offered me terms and then took it off the table – as they did with a few other boys. It wasn’t a great situation to be in and I ended up decided to come to St Mirren. Hopefully I can now really kick on” (various).
• Guillaume Beuzelin says he can’t wait to prove himself as Dumbarton’s No.2 after moving from Hibs. ”It’s a good progression in my career – the move was a no-brainer,” said the former French midfielder (Sun).
• Former Hearts defender and current East Fife boss Gary Naysmith will register as a player next season to help cover the Methil club’s threadbare squad (Scotsman).
• Celtic forward Kris Commons believe the Bhoys must prolong their stay in European football to keep interest alive in Scottish football next season. The Premiership champions are away at KR Reykjavik tonight in the first leg of their second-round qualifier (various).
• Scotland manager Gordon Strachan has welcomed the chance to avenge last year’s defeat by England after the SFA announced the ‘auld enemy’ would be coming to Hampden on November 18 for a friendly (Scotsman).
• Dundee United have signed Polish defender Jaroslaw Fojut on a two-year deal (various).
• Rangers midfielder Nicky Law says the return of two Ibrox greats in Kris Boyd and Kenny Miller will ensure there is no repeat of last season’s slump in standards (Daily Express).
• St Johnstone boss Tommy Wright insists he will not gamble with his players’ fitness in Thursday’s Europa League qualifier in Luzern. Stevie May and Steven Anderson are highly doubtful for the tie in Switzerland (Daily Express).