Fenerbahce have opened a court case against UEFA and the Turkish Football Federation at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) over their exclusion from the Champions League in connection with a match-fixing investigation.
More than 30 players and officials have been jailed in Turkey pending trial, including Fenerbahce chairman Aziz Yildirim, over alleged manipulation in 19 matches.
Fenerbahce opened the case at CAS on Sept. 1, it said in a statement to the Istanbul Stock Exchange last night.
The Istanbul club announced previously it had appointed two lawyers to represent it over the exclusion. The court petition also requests an interim measure to reinstate Fenerbahce in the Champions League and Fenerbahce says it expects a CAS decision on this by next weekend.
Under pressure from UEFA, the TFF excluded Fenerbahce from the Champions League, allowing Turkish league runners-up Trabzonspor to take their place.