A full round-up of the Hearts/Hibs news making the headlines this morning, as well as stories from the rest of Scotland and beyond.
Rudi bid fails
Hearts have failed yet again to sign Rudi Skacel, after another appeal to the SPFL board to give them clearance.
The Czech star has been training with his old club and boss Gary Locke hopes he can sign him when the club fully exits administration. (Sun)
Hibs fans rush for ‘relegation wake’ tickets
Hibs tickets for the Edinburgh Derby at Tynecastle have sold out as fans are keen to see if Hearts are relegated.
Hearts are currently bottom place, 21 points adrift and could potentially be relegated by their old rivals . (Daily Record)
Hearts raid fears
Gary Locke fears other clubs coming in to swoop for his young squad as the exit from administration drags on.
A total of 12 players are out of contract this summer, and renegotiations can’t begin until the club has been handed over by BDO. (Daily Mail)
Butcher wants push
Terry Butcher has urged his Hibs players to “give it everything” over the next three games as they bid to keep their fading top-six hopes alive.
The Easter Road boss is determined to see his players fight every inch of the way. (Full story in today’s Edinburgh Evening News)
• Qatar World Cup chiefs have reacted to new claims surrounding the 2022 World Cup bid by insisting they adhered to all FIFA’s rules.
• More than half of all professional footballers in England have either witnessed or been subjected to racist abuse in stadiums, according to the results of a survey.
• Didier Drogba can anticipate a rousing reception on his Stamford Bridge return with Galatasaray on Tuesday night, but Jose Mourinho has no intention of extending the warm welcome to Roberto Mancini.
• Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has called on owners Fenway Sports Group not to waste any time in giving manager Brendan Rodgers a new contract.
• Hull owner Assem Allam has reiterated his intention to walk away from the club if his proposed name-change is unsuccessful - which looked highly likely on Monday.