Hearts vacancy: Waiting game for John McGlynn

12
Have your say

JOHN McGLYNN expects an answer from Hearts next week on whether he will be appointed as manager. The Raith Rovers boss was interviewed for the job on Thursday and has been told he is one of several names on a shortlist to replace Paulo Sergio.

Neither McGlynn nor Raith would be difficult to deal with regarding compensation for the 50-year-old, who only last month signed a new one-year contract at Stark’s Park. However, Hearts have yet to make a final decision on whether he is the man they want.

McGlynn felt the discussions went well during his interview, but will not get carried away by the thought of swapping the First Division for the SPL.

“I’ve held talks with Hearts and, from a personal point of view, I was happy with the way they went,” he said.

“I was told that I am on a shortlist, and that they would get back to me with an answer some time next week.

“I’m very honoured to be considered for the post, and it’s a certainly a job that excites me. But I don’t want to end up with egg on my face, so I’m not taking anything for granted.”

McGlynn is continuing preparations for the new season with Raith, and continued: “We have double sessions planned for Saturday and Sunday. Nothing that has happened with Hearts has affected Raith Rovers in any way. We’re carrying on with business as usual.”