Hibs’ 17-year-old defender was Edinburgh City’s hero at Meadowbank, while Henri Anier is Estonia’s only shining light in 8-1 thumping by Belgium.
Hibs kid scores in Edinburgh City’s first league win
Teenager Ryan Porteous was Edinburgh City’s hero as they recorded their first victory in Ladbrokes League 2. The 17-year-old netted the winner for the Meadowbank men as they ousted Annan Athletic 1-0. Fellow Hibs loanee Aaron Dunsmore also played for Gary Jardine’s side.
Anier nets against Belgium
Former Hibs striker Henri Anier has become Estonia’s main man in attack since signing for Swedish side Kalmar FF in the summer. The Baltic nation had a harrowing night in Brussels – they were thumped 8-1 in their World Cup qualifier by Belgium – but Anier did get on the scoresheet with a fine finish.
Scott the lot at Arbroath
He may not have had the best of times at Hibs, but combative midfielder Martin Scott is having a ball at Arbroath. The 30-year-old grabbed a double to take his tally for the season to six as the Red Lichties thumped fellow promotion hopefuls Clyde 4-0.
How the other loanees got on
• Sam Stanton played the full 90 minutes as Dumbarton lost 2-0 at home to Morton.
• Ben Stirling started for Berwick as they lost 2-0 away at Forfar.
Former Hibees in action
• Stephen Dobbie got back to scoring ways as Queen of the South defeated Alloa 2-0 in the Irn-Bru Cup. The ex-Hibs striker bagged a double.
• James Collins opened the scoring for Crawley as they went down 3-1 at home to Cambridge.
• Abdellah Zoubir (remember him!?) scored a double for Lens as they won 3-0 against Marcq en Baroeul in the Coupe de France.