Here’s the latest about all things Hibs over the weekend ...
Right-back Reece Brown linked with move
Reece Brown, the younger brother of former Manchester United player Wes, has been linked with a move to Hibs. Head coach Neil Lennon is keen to bolster his squad with another right-back and after cooling their interest in Polish trialist Filip Modelski, the Hibees are reportedly keeping tabs on Brown. A former England Under-19 and Under-20 international, 24-year-old Brown started his career at Old Trafford and has had spells with Bradford, Doncaster, Oldham, Coventry, Carlisle and Barnsley. (various)
Jamie Insall bags a double
Jamie Insall, the Hibs striker on loan at East Fife, scored twice for the Methil win in their 2-0 win over Stranraer. It’s the perfect start to the youngster’s second loan spell at the New Bayview club, who recently said he wanted to return to Easter Road a better player and force his way into Neil Lennon’s plans. (various)
Stubbs under pressure at Rotherham after draw
Former Hibs manager Alan Stubbs watched on in despair as Rotherham blew a 2-0 lead for the second time at home this season. Leading fellow Yorkshire rivals Barnsley 2-0, they went on to concede two goals in the final 15 minutes. “I can understand the frustration of the fans after the game, but there has to be some realism,” Stubbs said. “The Championship has become an even harder league and it is harder to compete, you are fighting an uphill battle. “When you look at the bigger picture this could be a valuable point. We were playing a good team who have spent this summer.” (Yorkshire Post)
What former Hibees have been up to ...
• Steven Fletcher was on the mark for Sheffield Wednesday, scoring his first goal for the club in a 2-1 home win over Wigan.
• Clayton Donaldson scored and missed a penalty as Birmingham City won 1-0 away at Fulham.
• Stephen Dobbie just can’t stop scoring: the Queen of the South hitman bagged a goal in their 3-1 win at St Mirren as they try to keep pace with Hibs at the top of the league.
• Paul Cairney was on the scoresheet as Ayr got their first Championship victory of the season over Morton.
• He doesn’t score many goals, so it was a surprise to see Tom Taiwo net in Falkirk’s 2-0 triumph over Raith.
• Farid El Alagui made his Dunfermline debut as a sub during their 3-1 defeat by Dundee United.