Rangers liquidators to go after key figures, Celtic midfielder Brown to play through pain barrier and US striker on trial at Celtic.
Rangers liquidators to investigate tax probe
Liquidators BDO say they will investigate all avenues of recovering money that could be owed to the now defunct club with a view to recovering damages.
HMRC, Duff and Phelps and former Craig Whyte are all expected to come under the microscope. (Record)
Brown puts back op to face Spartak
Celtic midfielder Scott Brown is to postpone vital hip surgery to face Spartak with the club’s captain expected to play through the pain barrier.
Neil Lennon’s side will be without influential midfielder Victor Wanyama with Joe Ledley also doubtful for the showdown with Spartak on December 5. (Sun)
Celtic trial Agudelo
American international Juan Agudelo is on trial at Celtic with the Chivas USA striker keen to win a deal with the Parkhead club. (Sun)
Barcelona didn’t try against Celtic - Benfica
Benfica president Silvio Cervan is reported to have infuriated Barcelona by suggesting that they were not at their best when they lost 2 - 1 to Celtic at Parkhead.
The Portuguese side need to achieve a better result against the Catalans in Spain than Celtic against Spartak if they are to progress. (Record)
Hearts boss happy to defer wages
Tynecastle manager John McGlynn says he would be happy to defer his own wages for another month if it would help Hearts get back on an even financial footing.
McGlynn says he has been “humbled” by the efforts of supporters which have so far raised over £600, 000. (Scotsman)
Kilmarnock boss calls for subsidy
Kenny Shiels has called on the Scottish Government to boost crowds at football matches around the country by part-subsidising tickets.
The Northern Irishman says clubs are vital to the communities they serve and deserve to be protected. (Scotsman)
Hibs boss not put off by loss
Pat Fenlon says his club’s £900,000 loss is unlikely to stifle his ambitions in the January transfer window and says that he is confident that a deal can be struck to ensure the long-term sevices of Lee Griffiths, Ryan McGivern and Jorge Claros. (Scotsman)
• Celtic keeper Fraser Forster has made more saves than any keeper in the Champions League however the Parkhead outfit are the second worst team in terms of possession
• Scotland international Alan Hutton has gone on loan from Aston Villa to Nottingham Forest
• Gareth Evans and Richie Burke have been named as the new management team at Livingston, they were previously on the coaching set up
• Former Rangers defender Danny Wilson has joined Bristol City on loan from Liverpool
• Former Hibs defender Ian Murray has been appointed the new manager of Dumbarton