Your picks of the city’s nights out.
• MUSICAL: Soul Sister: This brand new musical is inspired by the life and times of Ike and Tina Turner and features all the classic Tina Turner hits, including: ‘What’s Love Got to Do with It’, ‘Proud Mary’, ‘Private Dancer’, ‘River Deep Mountain High’ and of course ‘Simply The Best’, as well as many more. Festival Theatre, Nicolson Street, 7.30pm, £13.50–£38, 0131-529 6000
• THEATRE: Mother Goose: Mother Goose returns to the King’s Theatre and it’s one golden egg of a show. Staged by the same team behind the theatre’s recent record-breaking pantomimes, Mother Goose is well worth a gander!
King’s Theatre, various times, £10–£27.50 (£8–£25.50; Children £6–£23.50), 0131-529 6000
• MUSIC: Peter Hook & the Light: New Order and Joy Division legend fronting his own band. The Liquid Room, Victoria Street, 7pm, £20, 0131-225 2564
• COMEDY: THE GONG SHOW: Gong show madness featuring up-and-coming talent in live stand-up. The Shack, Rose Street, 8pm £3 (£2), 0131-226 4311
• CLASSICAL: Scottish Chamber Orchestra: Artur Pizarro plays Beethoven, conducted by John Storgårds. The Queen’s Hall, Clerk Street, 7.30pm, £10–£29 (£5–£27; under 16s free), 0131-668 2019