Five Things To Do In Edinburgh: Saturday May 26
• EVENT: SPA IN THE CITY Get pampered for free at Spa in the City - a stylish celebration of vintage beauty, with massages, makeovers and cocktails all complimentary from Edinburgh city centre retailers. Taking place in St Andrew Square and for the first time, all along Rose Street tomorrow and Sunday, this is a real treat for anyone who feels like a fun day of vintage-themed glamour and pampering with their friends – all free of charge. Visit www.facebook.com/edsitc for updates and more details.
• FILM: MOONRISE KINGDOM (12A) Resourceful orphan Sam (Jared Gilman) is the least popular member of his Khaki Scout troop, run by Scout Master Ward (Edward Norton). He elopes with pen pal Suzy (Kara Hayward), who shares her lighthouse home with parents Walt (Bill Murray) and Laura (Frances McDormand) and three brothers. Sam is well-prepared for the expedition with a tent and pen-knife but Suzy chooses to pack her books and a battery-powered record player. As the youngsters head for the beach, Walt and Laura implore local cop Captain Sharp (Bruce Willis) to find their daughter. Ward and his troop join the hunt, determined to find Sam before Social Services (Tilda Swinton) lands on the island to take the boy into care. Various cinemas, times and prices
• MUSIC: Edinburgh Light Orchestra The programme will include the overture to the Gershwin musical Crazy for You; selections from Camelot and A Chorus Line; Korngold’s magnificent score for the swash-buckling adventure, The Sea Hawk and music from Titanic, Coronation Street and Take The High Road. The Queen’s Hall, Clerk Street, 7.30pm, £6–£9.50, 0131-668 2019
• CLUB: Madchester Baggy, scruffy, psychedelic: Stone Roses, Primal Scream and the rest bustle around the speakers of the Electric Circus. Electric Circus, Victoria Street, 10.30pm, £6, 0131 225 2564
• ROCK: Kassidy Scottish rock group Kassidy play the first of their Capital double-header. The Pleasance Cabaret Bar, The Pleasance, 7pm, £12.50, 0131-556 6550