IKEA Edinburgh offering discounts for 20th anniversary - here's how much you could save
Celebrating 20 years and over 53 million visits since opening its doors on Thursday 4 November 1999, IKEA Edinburgh is offering an array of discounts and in store activities this weekend.
If your home in need of some extra love, this is everything you need to know about how to grab a bargain at the beloved Swedish store.
IKEA’s first Scottish store opened in Edinburgh on Thursday 4 November 1999. Since then, the store has seen over 53 million visits - enough to fill Murrayfield 789 times.
IKEA said, “To mark the occasion, we’ve got a wide range of exciting events, tasty offers and special discounts on some of our iconic products, exclusively for IKEA Family members.”
Between Friday 1 and Monday 4 November 2019, one of IKEA’s iconic products will be available in Scottish stores for a discounted price of £20, for that day only.
The special offers are as follows:
- 1 Nov: MALM chest of two drawers with oak veneer, regular price £40
- 2 Nov: KALLAX shelving unit with oak effect, regular price £55
- 3 Nov: HEMNES bedside table (white), regular price £50
- 4 Nov: BILLY bookcase (black-brown), regular price £45
These offers are valid for one day only in Edinburgh, Glasgow or Aberdeen, while stocks last.
As well as discounted furniture, IKEA also has a range of in-store activities scheduled to celebrate their 20th anniversary.
Every day between Friday 1 November and Monday 4 November, the Edinburgh IKEA store has a range of free events going on.
These events are:
- IKEA 20th birthday hunt: A treasure hunt that will allow kids to win a free ice-cream. Find all jumbled up letters and create a birthday-related word to pick up a free ice-cream from the Bistro after checking out
- Kitchen hacks: IKEA will showcase how different utensils can help you master food preparation and become more efficient in the kitchen. Between 12pm and 4pm
- Cake decorating: You’ll be able to personalise and enjoy your very own piece of birthday cake - held in the kitchens department showroom. Between 12pm and 4pm
- Botanical bar: In the plants department, you’ll be able to enjoy some mocktails at the 20 years birthday pop up bar. Between 12pm and 4pm
- Face painting: Held in the restaurant, free face painting will be available where kids (or older!) can choose a design. Donations also welcome as money collected will go to IKEA’s charity partner Barnardo’s. Recommended age from five years and up. Between 12pm and 4pm
- Time challenge: Join the Forth 1 Radio team and decorate a Christmas tree in under two minutes with a chance to win an exciting prize. Held in the living rooms department between 1pm and 4pm
You can see what’s happening in the Glasgow store on the IKEA website here.
Also on offer on Monday 4 November is a complimentary breakfast. You can claim a six item breakfast (including vegetarian alternative) for free between 9:30am and 11am.
Finally, up for grabs during the 20th anniversary celebrations on Monday 4 November are 10 of the company’s iconic Swedish meatballs (or veggie balls) for just £1, available between 11am and 5pm.
Terms and conditions
As is to be expected with promotions like this, there are some terms and conditions included in the small print that you should be aware of before trying to participate in the offers.
- The promotion is only available in-store, not online
- The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotional discount
- Discounted products are limited to two per eligible customer per day
- To be eligible to claim the offer, you must present a valid IKEA Family Membership Card when purchasing (including the breakfast offer and Swedish meatballs offer)
You can sign up for an IKEA Family Membership Card on the IKEA website here.
Enter your details - name, email, home address, date of birth - and choose your preferred store.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll then see your digital IKEA Family card with a barcode.