Marrying Mum and Dad: Applications open for CBBC programme where kids plan their parents’ wedding
Would you trust your kids to organise your wedding day?
If you would, then this is the perfect opportunity for you - new TV programme Marrying Mum and Dad is looking for children to organise their parents’ big day.
The show, from CBBC, sees kids getting help from presenters Ed Petrie and Naomi Wilkinson to make all the big decisions about their parent’s wedding day.
That means everything from the theme to the venue and entertainment to the outfits is all chosen by the couples children.
Previous episodes of the show have seen kids plan a football themed wedding, a Greek mythology themed wedding complete with a minotaur, and even a wedding centred around extreme winter sports.
How to apply
If you want to apply to the show, you’ll need to head to the BBC website here where you will be able to download an application form.
The application form comes in two parts - one part for the parents to fill out and another part for the kids to complete.
The parents will need to supply the following kind of information:
- How long have you and your partner been together?
- Describe your hobbies and likes and dislikes
- Why do you want your children to organise the wedding?
- The minimum and maximum number of guests you’d want to invite to the wedding
The children’s part of the form asks questions like:
- Have you organised any parties or events before?
- Do you think you’d be able to keep your plans a secret until the big day?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What three possible themes you think would be good for the wedding and why?
The application form will need to be signed and sent to [email protected] with a recent photo of the family.
Alternatively you can post the application and photo to:
Marrying Mum and Dad
40 Pacific Quay
The deadline for getting your application in is Monday 6 January 2020, but early applications are strongly encouraged.
Filming for the show will take place between February and July 2020, so you must be prepared to be available for filming and to be married in this time period.