Blaze horror strikes at flat

Have your say

A MOTHER and daughter were treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at a house in Blackburn, West Lothian.

The incident happened after a pan of food caught fire in a ground-floor flat at Rowan Place in the town just after 8pm last night.

A 30-year old woman and a six-year old girl were treated at the scene. Neither required hospital treatment.

Four firefighters using breathing apparatus and a hose reel were used to tackle the blaze.

Appliances from Livingston and Bathgate both attended the incident.