19-year-old from Edinburgh who was reported missing has been found safe and well, police confirm

A 19-year-old from Edinburgh who was reported missing earlier this evening has been found safe and well, police have confirmed.

Tuesday, 1st September 2020, 8:21 pm
Updated Tuesday, 1st September 2020, 9:12 pm

Officers put out a public appeal for information about Ryan Hume’s whereabouts and said he may have travelled to St Andrews.

And in an official tweet this evening the Edinburgh Police division said: “MISSING MALE TRACED - RYAN HUME

"Police in Edinburgh are pleased to report that missing male, Ryan Hume has been traced safe and well within the St Andrews area. Thank you to everyone who shared the appeal.”

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Police believe Ryan Hume may have travelled to St Andrews.

A message from the Editor:

Thank you for reading this story on our website. While I have your attention, I also have an important request to make of you.

The dramatic events of 2020 are having a major impact on many of our advertisers - and consequently the revenue we receive. We are now more reliant than ever on you taking out a digital subscription to support our journalism.

Subscribe to the Edinburgh Evening News online and enjoy unlimited access to trusted, fact-checked news and sport from Edinburgh and the Lothians. Visit https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/subscriptions now to sign up.

By supporting us, we are able to support you in providing trusted, fact-checked content for this website.

Joy Yates

Editorial Director