Former boxer and Trainspotting T2 actor Bradley Welsh has died after being shot in Edinburgh’s West End.
Here is everything we know so far:
- Armed officers were sent to Chester Street at around 8.35pm, with part of the road cordoned off from Walker Street to Manor Place.
- Multiple police vehicles are in attendance, including a dog unit as well as ambulances and paramedics.
- Officers have allegedly told residents to stay indoors, with the cordon having been extended as far back as Drumsheugh Gardens.
- One resident, Alasdair Morton, 46, said: “They (Police) said ‘there’s a gunshot wound to the head somewhere’. We could still hear noises that suggested there was a situation still going on.”
- Two people are understood to have identified themselves as family members to police at the scene.
- Ambulance Incident Response Unit has now left the scene.
- On arrival of emergency services a man was found seriously injured in the street and sadly passed away at the scene.
- His death is being treated as suspicious and inquiries are continuing.
- The deceased is Trainspotting 2 star Bradley Welsh.
- Anyone who believes they have any relevant information should contact police immediately.
Keep checking back to the EEN website for latest updates as we get them