A SCHOOLBOY subjected two teenage girls to terrifying sex attacks on lonely footpaths.
Christopher McComisky struck twice within six months in Livingston when he was just 15 years old.
He threatened one of his victims with a knife and pinned her against a fence before groping her.
A court heard he only stopped when a barking dog scared him into letting the 14-year-old girl escape.
McComisky, now 16, yesterday admitted two charges of sexual assault and had his name put on the sex offenders’ register. He will be sentenced later.
However, prosecutors accepted that he had not chased the girl involved in the first attack and that he had not pressed a knife against the second victim’s body.
A not guilty plea to sexually assaulting a third female near St John’s Hospital was also accepted by the Crown.
Lewis Crosbie, prosecuting, said McComisky followed his first victim – who was aged 17 at the time of the attack in January 2014 – from Eliburn Woods to Eagle Brae before sexually assaulting her.
He caught up with the teenager after she separated from friends she’d spent the day with. She thought at first he was going to walk past her, but he then drew level with her in an underpass and groped her.
The frightened female ran away from him and tried to use her mobile phone to call for help only to discover the battery was flat.
She went to a nearby house and, after she knocked frantically on the door and asked for help, the householder contacted the police.
In the second attack, McComisky targeted a 14-year-old schoolgirl who was walking past his house in Columbia Avenue, Livingston, on June 17, 2014.
The girl, who’d spent the early afternoon at a friend’s house in the same street, became aware of McComisky walking behind her in the same direction as she headed towards a wooded area.
Mr Crosbie said: “The accused caught up with her in a short time at which point she was aware of him removing a knife from the front pocket of his top which he presented at her and stated ‘get into the bushes with me’.
“The complainer stated she did not want to but was unable to run away as the accused had hold of her right arm.”
McComisky was identified as a result of police inquiries but told officers when charged with the first attack: “It wasn’t me.”
In reply to caution and charge for the second attack he told them: “I did ask her to kiss me but I asked her, I never forced her.”
Andy Aitken, defending, said his client accepted that the charges were serious, but called on Sheriff Peter Hammond not to jail him.
He said: “He was a child of 15 at the time of the offences and has been on a bail curfew from 5pm to 7am each day since June last year.”
Sheriff Hammond called for social work background reports and an assessment of McComisky’s suitability for electronic tagging.
However, he warned the teenager: “You should understand these are very serious matters and all options are open to the court.”