Second man in court over Edinburgh shooting
A SECOND man has appeared in court in connection with an alleged shooting in the Capital.
Peter McMurray, 25, appeared in private at Edinburgh Sheriff Court yesterday following the discharge of a firearm in the city last month.
McMurray, from Edinburgh, has been charged with attempted murder, assault to injury and possession of a firearm.
He made no plea or declaration and was remanded in custody ahead of a further hearing to be held at a later date.
The incident is said to have taken place at Cable’s Wynd in Leith at around 11pm on Friday, August 26.
A 25-year-old man is said to have sustained a gunshot wound to his leg in the incident and was taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.
Investigating officers have recovered a firearm which is believed to have been used in the alleged shooting.
Detective Inspector Alan O’Brien said: “Police Scotland treats all reports of incidents involving a firearm with the utmost seriousness.
“Thanks to the co-operation of the local community and extensive policing inquiries, an arrest has now been made.”