Edinburgh nightclub evacuated over gas fears

Lulu in George Street was evacuated at around 1.30am on Monday. Picture: Google Street View
Lulu in George Street was evacuated at around 1.30am on Monday. Picture: Google Street View
0
Have your say

Firefighters were called to a nightclub in Edinburgh over gas fears.

Revellers at Lulu in George Street had been evacuated by the time the crews arrived at 1.30am on Monday.

READ MORE: Meadows car crash: Three in hospital after ‘serious’ accident

A total of five fire engines, equipped to deal with hazardous materials, were sent to the scene after reports that a gas has been released in the premises.

A spokeswoman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said that, on arrival, crews made sure the scene was safe, remaining on site until 3.07am.

No hazardous substances were found and the suspected gas is thought to have been a body spray.

No-one was injured in the incident.

Join our Facebook group Our Edinburgh to share images and news from and around the Capital