The dramatic changes on Leith Street between 1958 and now mean the area is almost unrecognisable, betrayed only by the lay of the land.
The distinctive sloping hill at the top of Leith Walk was once home to an array of local shops and businesses, but since 1969 it has been dominated by the towering shadow of the St James Centre.
On the opposite side of the road the imposing tenements of a style so familiar in Edinburgh, have made way for the Omni Centre.
The 1958 Leith Street almost seems bare without the distinctive walkway linking the two sides of one of Edinburgh’s busiest roads.
The above image was kindly by supplied by the Lost Edinburgh Facebook page