Man treated after blaze

Share this article
Have your say

An elderly man has been treated in hospital after a passer-by helped him escape during an electrical fire.

Fire crews said the 82-year-old man had been trying to tackle the blaze in his home in the Manse Road area of Linlithgow, West Lothian, when he was “led to safety” by his rescuer.

The man was later taken to St John’s Hospital where he received treatment for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters said they received the emergency call at 5.20pm yesterday and that the fire was put out using a hose reel.