Man treated in flat blaze

Share this article
Have your say

A MAN has been treated by paramedics after a fire started in his microwave oven.

Three fire engines and a turntable ladder appliance attended the second-floor flat in Caledonian Crescent, behind the Fountain Park complex, after the alarm was raised at around 11pm on Tuesday.

The 54-year-old managed to put out the blaze before fire crews arrived, but suffered smoke inhalation as a result.

Firefighters gave the man oxygen until an ambulance arrived.