Missing teenage girl Louise Davidson found safe

Louise Davidson
Louise Davidson
Have your say

A TEENAGE girl who sparked a police search when she went missing for two days has been found safe and well.

Police Scotland launched the appeal after Louise Davidson, from Kirkcaldy in Fife, disappeared from outside Edinburgh’s Espionage nightclub at about 4:30am on Tuesday.

Louise Davidson. Picture: Comp

Louise Davidson. Picture: Comp

The 19-year-old had last been seen by best friend Lesleyanne Haxton heading towards the Underbelly venue in the Cowgate area with two men she had met inside the club.

But fears for Louise’s safety began to mount when she failed to make contact with friends and family and her phone was switched off.

Ms Haxton, who had described the disappearance as “out of character”, made an emotional plea for her safe return.

Ms Davidson, originally from Edinburgh, was found walking on Henderson Street in Leith just before midday yesterday, just two miles from where she went missing.

Louise Davidson. Picture: Comp

Louise Davidson. Picture: Comp

A Police spokesman said: “We are pleased to confirm that Louise Davidson has been found safe and well.

“The 19-year-old was traced in Henderson Street, Edinburgh, just before midday yesterday.

“The public are thanked for their assistance during this inquiry”.

Messages of relief flooded social media as news of her return was shared on Twitter and Facebook. Ms Davidson’s friends did not offer any explanation of where she had been and why she had failed to reassure them she was safe.

But it is understood that the teenager hadn’t realised how much worry her disappearance would cause.

On Facebook, before Ms Davidson turned up safe and well, Ms Haxton had asked anyone who had seen her friend to get in touch or contact the police.

She said: “She’s not only my best friend but she’s like my sister.

“It’s supposed to be us against the world. I already feel so lost.”

It is believed that police had questioned nightclub staff and searched areas surrounding the Underbelly in the hours after her disappearance.

There were also reports, from friends, of police officers from Kirkcaldy repeatedly going back to her home to see if she had returned.

But she was finally spotted by a police patrol in Edinburgh.