OAP treated for burns

Share this article
Have your say

A PENSIONER has been treated for burns to her hand after a microwave fire at her home.

Firefighters were called to the house in Glaskhill Terrace in Penicuik on Thursday night.

A spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders Fire and 
Rescue Service said a 74-year-old woman was treated at 
the scene for burns to her left hand.

She said: “Two crews from Penicuik and Midlothian attended the fire, which was in a microwave. An elderly woman was treated at the scene.”