POLICE are still investigating the circumstances of the death of a grandfather who died after setting himself on fire.
John “Jackie” McLeod, 82, was pronounced dead at the scene by ambulance staff after dousing himself in a flammable liquid and setting himself ablaze.
His wife Marion, 85, was treated for shock following the horrifying incident at their home in Moredun Park Way on Wednesday.
The couple married in December 1954 in Musselburgh and later had sons, John and Douglas, and daughter Heather.
Mr McLeod, who was born in Edinburgh, had worked as a joiner before his retirement.
A police spokesman said: “The investigation remains ongoing.” Police attended the address at 11am on Wednesday after concerns were raised regarding the safety of Mr McLeod. Neighbours said he had been seen earlier in an agitated state, wielding an axe.