AN ELECTRICITY junction box has caught fire close to Jock’s Lodge, with reports of power cuts in the area.
Fire crews rushed to the scene of the fire shortly after 2pm following an emergency call about reports of smoke “rising from the ground” in Portobello Road.
They have cordoned off an area surrounding the box while Scottish Power staff work to make it safe.
There have been no reports of casualties.
In another incident, fire crews from McDonald Road and Tollcross have rushed to a fourth floor flat in Fountainbridge following reports of a suspected gas leak and a “smell of burning”. Gas board staff are also in attendance.