AN award-winning pie shop has been gutted by fire following an apparent fireraising attack.
Boghall Butchers in Bathgate sustained around £100,000 worth of damage in the early hours of Saturday morning. Shop owner Paul Boyle, who has won two World Scotch Pie championships, said it was “pure luck” no-one was hurt. Three teenagers have been charged in connection with the attack.
Meanwhile, a 45-year-old man was pulled out of his Muirhouse flat last night following a living room fire.
Firefighters were called to Gunnet Court just after 6pm to tackle the blaze in the first-floor flat.
The man was rescued and found to be unconscious, with fire crews carrying out first aid before and ambulance arrived to take him to hospital.