THESE tasty summer recipes have been created by Very Lazy and Newman’s Own to be enjoyed indoors or out.
Pasta with scallops and rocket (serves 2)
200g linguine or spaghetti
4tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus a splash for frying
10 fresh shelled scallops
2 tsp Very Lazy Red Chillies
2 tsp Very Lazy Garlic
Zest and juice 1 lemon
Handful fresh rocket
1. Cook the pasta according to pack instructions.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan with a splash of oil and fry the scallops for 1-2 minutes, until golden, then turn and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
3. Add the oil to the pan with the chilies, garlic and lemon zest. Gently warm through, then add the drained pasta, half the lemon juice and the rocket and season with salt and black pepper.
4. Divide the pasta between 2 bowls and top with the scallops.
5. Squeeze over the remaining lemon juice and grind over some extra black pepper.
Mango and chilli chicken salad with garlic and almond French beans (serves 4)
1 tbsp Very Lazy Chilli
5 tbsp olive oil
3 roast chicken boneless breast fillets, sliced
60g rocket leaves
1 red pepper, sliced
2 tbsp fresh mint leaves
400g green beans
2 tbsp butter
1.5 tbsp Very Lazy Garlic
4 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced (or 300g ready prepared)
1. Fry the oil and chili in a small frying pan and cook for 1 minute. Place in a large bowl, add all of the remaining salad ingredients and gently mix.
2. Place the beans in boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until cooked. Refresh under cold water, drain and place in a bowl.
3. Place the butter and garlic in a pan and cook for 20 seconds. Add to the beans along with the almonds and mix well.
4. Divide between 4 plates. Top with the chicken salad and serve.