Stalker threatened to send nude pictures of victim

Ewan Arkieson will be sentenced at Edinburgh Sheriff Court. Picture: Greg Macvean
Ewan Arkieson will be sentenced at Edinburgh Sheriff Court. Picture: Greg Macvean
Share this article
Have your say

A STALKER who spent a month harassing a woman confronted his victim and threatened to send naked photographs of her to family, friends and colleagues, a court has heard.

Ewan Arkieson,48, handed the terrified woman - who cannot be named for legal reasons - a dossier which contained details of her personal life.

Arkieson had spent weeks researching his victim by using the Internet, visiting libraries and checking the electoral register.

He then watched her house, followed her, and compiled information about the people who were connected to her.

On Tuesday, Edinburgh Sheriff Court heard how Arkieson came face to face with his victim at her home in Edinburgh on September 5 2013.

He handed her an envelope which contained detailed personal information about her. He then threatened to send nude photographs of her to loved ones.

Depute procurator fiscal Ann McNeill told Sheriff Nigel Ross: “He told her that she should not go to the police or he would make the matter public.”

However, the woman contacted police who swooped on Arkieson shortly afterwards.

Officers broke down the door to his home and found that he possessed documents which contained more information about his victim.

The story emerged after Arkieson, of Russell Gardens, Edinburgh, pleaded guilty to stalking the woman on various occasions between August 1 2013 and September 5 2013.

Ms McNeil told Sheriff Ross that Arkieson threatened the woman with his dossier in September last year.

She also said that he had compiled a list of names of people that would be sent copies of naked photographs.

Ms McNeill added: “The envelope contained files which contained personal information. The letters would be sent to her bosses and colleagues.

“The letters would also be sent to friends of the complainer.”

The court heard that the woman contacted police who swooped on Arkieson’s home shortly after receiving the complaint.

Ms McNeill added: “The police attended the accused’s home. He initially failed to answer. Police were then forced to enter.”

The court heard that officers then found a “number of documents” in Arkieson’s home which contained details of his victim.

Arkieson was taken into custody shortly afterwards.

Sheriff Ross deferred sentence on Arkieson in order for the court to obtain reports about his character.

He will be sentenced at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on May 7 2014.