A three-year-old boy has been taken to hospital after getting his fingers trapped in an escalator in Primark.
The incident happened on a second-floor escalator at the Princes Street store with fire crews being called out just after 7.15pm.
Firefighters used cutting equipment to release the boy who was then taken by ambulance to the Sick Kids Hospital just after 8pm.
A Scottish Ambulance Service spokeswoman confirmed the child was being taken to the Sick Kids but declined to comment further.
When asked about the incident, Primark’s deputy manager said it was “company policy not to comment”.