Firefighters attend blaze at Abbeyhill massage parlour

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze at an Edinburgh massage parlour this afternoon.

Monday, 30th April 2018, 6:58 pm
Updated Monday, 30th April 2018, 8:00 pm
Fire at Montrose Terrace by the Thai Massage centre. Picture: Kieran Murray

Passersby reported smoke coming from the basement of the building shortly before 5pm.

A spokesperson for the Scottish Fire & Rescue Service said: “We received a call at 16:45 of a fire in the basement area of the property on Montrose Terrace.

“Fire extinguishers were used as well as one high-pressured hose reel and 4 breathing apparatus.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

“The stop message was received at 17:20 and the last appliance left at 17:35pm”.

There were no casualties reported at the incident.

Police officers were asked to attend for traffic control.

Montrose Terrace is currently operating a one-way system and handling more traffic than normal due to ongoing development at Leith Street.

Join our Facebook group Our Edinburgh to share images and news from and around the Capital

Know someone that makes a difference in our community? Nominate them for a Local Hero Award HERE