Two in hospital after Dalkeith fire

Two women were taken to hospital after a kitchen fire in the early hours of this morning.

Monday, 9th February 2015, 9:49 am
Two women were taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary. Picture: Greg Macvean

Fire crews from Dalkeith and Musselburgh were called to the property in Bruce Gardens, Dalkeith, at 3.47am.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A spokeswoman for the fire service said: “On arrival our crews found the property was smoke logged and there was a fire in the kitchen that was extinguished by removal.”

It is believed the blaze broke out after a pan of food was left unattended.

Two women were rescued and taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary with “slight” smoke inhalation.