Woman hurt in flat blaze

Share this article
Have your say

A 64-YEAR-OLD woman was treated for burns and smoke inhalation after being rescued from a fire in sheltered housing.

Firefighters were called to the second-floor property in Redford Road at around 8.50pm on Sunday.

The fire, which had broken out in the bedroom of the property, was extinguished using a hose reel and six breathing apparatus.

A Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said the casualty received treatment at the scene before being taken to the ERI suffering from smoke inhalation and burns. Two cats who were in the building were also rescued and taken into the care of the Scottish SPCA. A Special Operations Response Team from the Scottish Ambulance Service also attended.