Emergency services called to electric fire in Stockbridge restaurant

Fire services attend the scene. Picture: Martin Little
Fire services attend the scene. Picture: Martin Little
0
Have your say

Emergency services were called to deal with a fire in a Stockbridge restaurant on Sunday morning.

Join our Facebook group Our Edinburgh to share images and news from and around the Capital

Lancers, an Indian restaurant on Dean Bank Lane, saw an electric fire break out in their hot plate area.

At least twelve firefighters attended the scene and the blaze was quickly extinguished.

Nobody was hurt in the incident and Lancers have told the Evening News that they will be open for business as usual.

The restaurant, which has been open for 33 years, had recently undergone a refurbishment.

Know someone that makes a difference in our community? Nominate them for a Local Hero Award HERE