Fortnite is a phenomenon. One of 2018’s most popular video games – and something of an obsession for many children.
It has been the talk of playgrounds for months, and now that the summer holidays are here, parents may find that their kids are attempting to sink hour upon hour into it.
But what to do if setting clear limits doesn’t work? Or if they are sneakily playing into the early hours? As a last resort, you could take drastic measures and erase it entirely from their console.
Here’s how to do that on every platform.
(NB: In the following cases, though the game is deleted, the save files are not – they’re either saved separately on the console, or in the Cloud – meaning that should you reinstall the game in the future, any progress made should not be lost.)
1. From the Home screen of the Xbox One’s dashboard, select ‘My games & apps’.
2. Find Fortnite and use your controller to highlight it (you can sort games alphabetically, or by ‘last used’ if that makes the game easier to find).
3. When you’ve highlighted the game, press the Menu button on the controller – it’s the one that has three horizontal lines on it.
4. Select ‘Manage game’, then ‘Uninstall all’.
1. From the main page of the PS4’s dashboard, scroll all the way to the right and select ‘Library’.
2. Once in your library, scroll down and find Fortnite.
3. Push the button labelled ‘Options’ on the controller.
4. A menu will pop up on the right. Scroll all the way down to ‘Delete’ and select it.
5. You will be presented with a screen letting you know you’re about to delete the game. Select ‘OK’.
1. Select Fortnite from the Home screen on your Nintendo Switch.
2. Press the + button on the right Joy-Con or the – button on the left Joy-Con to call up the game’s options menu.
3. Select ‘Manage Software’ from the menu on the left.
4. Select ‘Delete Software’.
5. Select ‘Delete’ when asked to confirm that you want to delete the game.
1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
2. Select All apps, and then find Fortnite in the list.
3. Right-click the game tile, and then select Uninstall.
4. Follow the steps to uninstall the game.
For those who’ve downloaded the game through the Steam client, this is how to delete the game on PC (this also applies to Mac users).
1. Launch Steam.
2. Click on the ‘Library’ tab at the top of the Steam window.
3. Use the Control – Click shortcut on the game you want to delete.
4. Select ‘Uninstall’.
5. Click the ‘Delete’ button to confirm.