Hibee kids fight back to win point after lapses

Lewis Allan was on the scoresheet for Hibs Development Squad
Lewis Allan was on the scoresheet for Hibs Development Squad
Have your say

Two first-half defensive errors cost the Hibs Development Squad victory as they drew 2-2 with their Partick Thistle counterparts.

Kleton Perntreou allowed a long-range drive from Gary Fraser into his net, before Ben Stirling’s slack passback resulted in a goal for Neil McLaughlin.

Lewis Allan and Conner Duthie both scored in the second half to salvage a point for the young Hibees.

Hibs started the early portion of the game with a lot of territorial advantage, but were hit on the break in the fifth minute.

Partick snuffed out an attack and burst forward through Fraser, the midfielder then shot from 25 yards and it went underneath the dive of Perntreou.

Hibs continued to look susceptible on the break as Mark Lamont almost doubled the lead with 15 minutes gone, and Partick’s second arrived soon after.

Stirling’s passback was intercepted by Dominic Docherty, Perntreou saved, but McLaughlin had the easy task of slotting the ball into the unguarded net in the 24th minute.

Partick could have had a third, but Perntreou made a fine save to deny Jack Hendry from extending the lead.

Hibs started the second half well and, with boss Joe McBride’s words clearly ringing in their ears, they got a goal back in the 51st minute when Allan latched onto a long ball from Duthie and calmly slotted the ball home.

Both sides had chances, but Hibs ended the last 20 minutes strongly as Adam Watson and Ollie Shaw both had efforts saved, before Duthie struck with six minutes remaining, his strike evading the grasp of Marc Waters to level the match.

Shaw and Danny Bonar both had late chances to win the match for either side, but it ended all square.

Hibs Development Squad: Perntreou, Stirling, McGregor, Waugh, Crane, Scott, Sinclair, Duthie, Watson (Breen 69), Hendry (Shaw 64), Allan. Unused substitutes: Brennan, Smith, Murray.