Hibs in Europe: The nine teams Hibs could be drawn with in Europa Conference League second qualifying round draw
Hibs have learned their potential opponents ahead of this afternoon’s draw for the second qualifying round of the Europa Conference League.
With the Easter Road side seeded and avoiding some of the sterner opponents in the hat, they stand a good chance of advancing to the third qualifying round.
The Capital club have been placed in Group 5 along with fellow seeds Gent of Belgium, Danish side AGF, Luxembourg’s Dudelange, and Santa Clara of Portugal.
Hibs could face one of the following teams:
- KF Shkupi of North Macedonia or KF Llapi of Kosovo, who face off in the first qualifying round;
- Vålerenga of Norway, who finished third in the Eliteserien last year;
- Stjarnan of Iceland or League of Ireland side Bohemians, who meet in the first qualifying round;
- Mons Calpe SC of Gibraltar or FC Santa Coloma of Andorra, who will do battle for a place in the second qualifying round and
- Bala Town of Wales or Larne of Northern Ireland, who were drawn together yesterday in one of two Wales-Northern Ireland ties.
Vålerenga are in league action tonight against Odd while Santa Coloma are making their eighteenth European appearance.
Mons Calpe, Larne, and Llapi are playing continental football for the first time while Bala, Bohs, and Stjarnan are seasoned competitors in Europe.
The Icelandic side have faced Celtic and Motherwell in prevous years while Shkupi faced Rangers in 2018. Bohs have faced Aberdeen and Rangers twice as well as Dundee United.
First qualifying round matches take place on July 8, with the second leg on July 15. The draw for the third qualiying round takes place on July 16.