Blackhall can’t handle rampant Musselburgh Windsor

Musselburgh Windsor 15s used a high-pressing game to smother their hosts Blackhall
Musselburgh Windsor 15s used a high-pressing game to smother their hosts Blackhall
Have your say

Musselburgh Windsor 15s ran out emphatic 5-0 winners away to Blackhall Athletic 15s in Division 2 at Meggetland.

The visitors wasted no time in pressing for an opening goal, forcing Blackhall goalie Marcus Donaldson into some good saves, but Musselburgh grabbed a deserved opening goal just after ten minutes when Stuart Frankland smashed home from 12 yards.

The visitors soon built on the goal, grabbing two more in the space of ten minutes through a Chris Innes penalty and Robert Cole’s effort.

Blackhall couldn’t quite get into the game with the away side pressing so high up the park and, on the stroke of half-time, Musselburgh netted a fourth of the afternoon. Another penalty was awarded for a tug in the box and Innes again converted.

The visitors grabbed another goal with 20 minutes to go when Frankland followed up Shaun Dick’s effort to tap in.

Hutchie’s Fox in box

Ryan Fox scored a hat-trick as Hutchison Vale 17s progressed to the final of the South East Region Cup with a 5-2 away win over Dunbar United Colts 17s at Hallhill.

Hutchie raced into a 3-0 lead thanks to two goals from Fox and an Aaran Currie strike, but Dunbar sprung to life with two goals in ten minutes to keep their cup hopes alive. Cameron Mcalpine struck to get the hosts off the mark before Kieran Armstrong sneaked in at the backpost to make it 2-3.

Dunbar were on the verge of a hard-fought comeback but the visitors showed no sign of nerves, with Currie and then Fox scoring before the end to seal the win.

Leith show no mercy

Leith Athletic 14s ran riot at Forrester High School with a 5-0 away win over Edinburgh City 14s in Division 1.

The visitors went 1-0 up with ten minutes on the clock. A corner ball into the area fell to Robbie McDonald and he netted.

Leith gathered momentum, scoring two more by the half-hour mark. A hopeful through ball from the right saw Russell Bowers go into a 50-50 challenge with the home goalie before the ball broke to Jack Duncan to fire in from close range.

Five minutes later Leith had another when Luke Dunn’s diagonal ball in to the area found McDonald and he fed Bowers to get on the scoresheet.

Not happy with a three-goal cushion, the visitors pushed for a fourth before the break and got it when Cai Macdonald fired home.

With City heads down, the away side continued to attack after the interval and they grabbed a fifth to round off a dominant display when Bowers played a give-and-go with Jack Mackay before slotting in for his second and Leith’s fifth of the game.