Buckley picks up first win as Craigroyston manager

Have your say

Graham Buckley celebrated his first win as Craigroyston manager with a 3-1 victory over Coldstream at St Mark’s Park on Saturday.

Despite only having a squad of 13 players for the match with The Streamers, Buckley’s side took the lead after 14 minutes through Oliver Fleming as the Capital outfit went in search of their first league win since October 3.

Coldstream were looking for their third straight league win and prolific marksman John Crawford netted the equaliser five minutes later.

But Craigroyston struck two late goals to seal a much needed three points, Chris Eadie netting his first goal for the club after sliding in at the back post on 76 minutes, and a 30 yard deflected strike from Nicky Rendall sealed the win on 87 minutes.

“The work rate, discipline and desire from the boys was great, and we didn’t make too many errors in our own half which has been a problem all season,” said Buckley afterwards.

“We’ve only scored 19 goals and conceded 44 this season so I know where the problems lie. But this was a much better performance and we protected our goalkeeper very well, I hope we can start slowly climbing the league.”

In the other East of Scotland matches that survived the heavy rain, Spartans EoS let slip a two-goal half-time lead against Ormiston at Ainslie Park.

Blair Atkinson handed Colin Tomassi’s side the lead after 25 minutes before Sean Stewart cracked in a superb half-volley from a corner on the half hour.

But second-half goals from Johnny Edmond and Andrew Jones completed a shock turnaround, with Ormiston manager Brian Johnston saluting the response of his players.

“The application and commitment of the players in the second half was great, I brought Mark Smith on at half-time and he caused their backline problems,” said Johnston who was missing Dean Woods and Alan Morgan from his starting XI.

Ormiston stay in eleventh place whilst Spartans EoS remain 14 points behind league leaders Leith Athletic in second spot.

Tynecastle climbed into third position with a 3-1 win over Duns at Riccarton 3G, Dean Crabbe netting a double for Steve Vinter’s side with Stuart Adams netting a penalty, as striker Robbie McIntyre made his return to the first team following injury.

Heriot-Watt-University slipped to a 2-1 defeat earlier on the Riccarton 3G against Hawick Royal Albert, full back Max Allison netting for the students.