Currie Star Colts 14s repeat Hearts’ 10-0 trick

Currie Star Colts 14s were 4-0 ahead after just 20 minutes. Pic: Chris Martin
Currie Star Colts 14s were 4-0 ahead after just 20 minutes. Pic: Chris Martin
Have your say

A few weeks after Hearts recorded a 10-0 win over Cowdenbeath, Currie Star Colts 14s repeated the trick with a ten-goal victory over Salvesen 14s at Forrester High School in Division 3.

The visitors racked up four goals within the opening 20 minutes. Luis Wood gave Currie the lead ten minutes in before grabbing another moments later. Cameron Littlejohn then set up Currie’s third as he dinked the ball in to Jamie Slawson who guided in a header before grabbing the away side’s fourth minutes later.

Littlejohn then got on the scoresheet himself with the visitor’s fifth and just before the break things went from bad to worse for Salvesen when goalie Kyle Reid had to come off injured, meaning outfielder Adam Harrower had to go in goal.

Currie didn’t let up after the break. After Littlejohn grabbed his second of the game and Finlay Stewart extended the hosts lead, centre-half Teo Cengiz scored make it 8-0 with 55 minutes gone. Iyad Al-Qasem bagged himself a goal on 80 minutes before Slawson completed his hat-trick.

• Hutchison Vale 16s set up all-city final

Hutchison Vale 16s progressed to the final of the Scottish Cup with a convincing 4-0 win over Knightswood BC 16s at Albyn Park.

Despite the best efforts of both sides, the game remained goalless for all of 70 minutes. Just as it looked like extra-time would be required, Hutchie finally found the net, and the goals flowed as Knightswood succumbed to the pressure from the Edinburgh side. After Cameron Paton got on the end of Fareid Yassein’s through-ball to give the Edinburgh side the lead, Cameron Stewart bent a freekick over the Knightswood wall to make it 2-0.

Then, minutes later, Paton grabbed his side’s third and a fourth goal came in the final minute to rub salt in the wounds for the Glasgow side. Paton this time turned provider as he set up Lewis Wright to smash into the roof of the net.

Hutchie now face Spartans Reds 16s in an all Edinburgh final.

• Spartans Reds 16s are kings of Hillwood

Spartans Reds 16s edged out Hillwood BC 16s with a 3-1 scoreline at McKenna Park to reach the Scottish Cup final.

The visitors started brightly and took a deserved lead 13 minutes into the affair after pressing up the park. A freekick awarded 25 yards from goal was curled just inside the right hand post by Oran Hosey past the fingertips of Hillwood goalie Kyle Furphy.

The Glasgow side, however, responded on the half-hour mark when Callum Scullion skipped past a few challenges in the box to sneak a shot into the back of the net.

It was to be a short-lived moment of joy for the hosts though as minutes later Spartans were back in front when Lewis Mooney received Harry Girdwood’s pass before drilling a shot low from distance into the back of the net via the post.

Both sides looked to get a crucial fourth goal of the afternoon after the break and it went the way of the visitors. They sealed their place in the final when Girdwood picked up the ball from Lewis Hall before slotting in 12 yards out, much to the jubilation of his team-mates.