Juniors round-up: Cup agony for Dalkeith

editorial image
Have your say

Dalkeith Thistle blew a 3-0 lead against favourites Hurlford


Hurlford United 5

Dalkeith Thistle 3

Dalkeith came within 35 minutes of causing a huge upset against cup favourites Hurlford after taking a three-goal lead early in the second half. Mikey Hunter opened the scoring in the 40th minute with Sean Lally doubling their lead just before the break. Paul Tansey hit a screamer for their third early after the restart but disaster quickly followed as Hurlford bounced back. They scored five goals in the last 35 minutes through Stuart Kean, John Robertson, Brian Mitchell and a double from Sam McKenzie to send Dalkeith crashing out.

Hurlford: A Brown, M Brown, Creaney, McKillen, Mitchell, McClune, McKenzie, Mitchell, Keane, Donnelly, Boriss. Subs: Chisholm, Nisbet, Burns, Robertson, Mutch.

Dalkeith: Hay, Gavin, Smith, Kidd, Linton, Lally, McNaughton, M Hunter, Ralton, T Hunter, Tansey. Subs: Donlevy, Osbourne.

Kilwinning Rangers 3

Arniston Rangers 0

Brian Boylan put the Ayrshire side ahead in the seventh minute. The lead was doubled in the second half through Alan Kerr and Jamie 
Agnew scored a third in 70 minutes.

Kilwinning: Strange, Coleman, Boyd, Kerr, Campbell, Maitland, Agnew, McGuinnes, Boylan, Lewis, Fleeting. Subs: Burns, Cashmore, Stewart, Cummings, Hanley.

Arniston: Cornet, Pullen, Kerr, Tallion, Faulds, Leslie, Doig, Somerville, Kataleza, McFadden, McTearnon. Subs: Moffat, Murray, Aitken, Ritchie.


Fauldhouse United 2

Bo’ness United 5

After a slow start the visitors took the lead through Ross Philp after good play from Pedro Moutinho, with the latter then hitting a post. Darren Gribben extended the lead with a long-range effort. The home side then got on level terms through Ross Donnelly and Jordon Love as they took advantage of some poor defending. A Will Snowdon penalty put Bo’ness back ahead before late goals from Ross Campbell and Nicky Walker sealed the three points.

Fauldhouse: Murphy, Deans, Lawson, K Ross (Watson 86), Fallon, Campbell, Stewart (Cowan 71) Browne, Love, Donnelly, B Ross (Robertson 76). Subs: Peace, Wilkins

Bo’ness: Christie, Snowdon, Hunter, Campbell, Morrison, Gemmell, Walker, Philp, Moutinho (Feeney 84), Donnelly, (Sinclair 45), Gribben (Wright 58). Subs: Feeney, Sloan.

Sauchie 2

Newtongrange Star 2

IAN DIACK opened the scoring for Sauchie after eight minutes but Newtongrange responded well equalising only five minutes later through Kris Renton. The Star then took the lead with a deflected Jordan Cropley effort after 20 minutes to take them in front at the break. Newtongrange looked like taking all three points as the full-time whistle drew near but Sauchie snatched a point with a header from Joshua Flood in injury time.

Sauchie: Harkness, McFarlane, Boyle, Duffin, Syme, Flood, McTaggart, McCroary, Diack, Mulligan Shanks. Subs: Cummings, Allan, Miller, Dolan.

Newtongrange: Ke Renton, McManus, Tulloch, Tolmie, Dunn, Noble, Thomson, Cherrie, Ki Renton, King, Cropley. Subs: Coult, Murray, Wilson, McQueen.

St Andrews Utd 3

Musselburgh Athletic 0

St ANDREWS had to wait until the 45th minute to take the lead when Barry Sibanda scored. Into the second half and it took them only a couple of minutes to double their advantage, Aaron Whitehead grabbing their 
second. They completed a dismal day for Musselburgh with 15 
minutes to go, adding a third to their total, Kieron Sturrock getting the goal. A bad day for title hopefuls Musselburgh.

St Andrews: Bruce, McMullan, Dobie, McInnes, Kelly, Wedderburn, Sibanda, Whitehead, Dean, Buchan, Sturrock. Subs: Patrick, Watson, McKay.

Musselburgh: Dodds, Hall, Gibson, Hamilton, Swaney, Davie, McKenna, Myles, Jamieson, Thomson, Bracks. Subs: Conaghan, Jackson, Christie.